[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Problem with Nx, Fluxbox and suspended sessions

Marco Passerini marco.passerini at csc.fi
Wed May 18 12:58:40 UTC 2011

The idea of a second sshd on the internal network sounds good!

I configured Fail2ban to block the brute forces on SSH but also those
users who know the shared  key and try to brute force NX with that.

/etc/fail2ban/jail.conf contains the following entry:

[freenx-tcpwrapper]
enabled     = true
filter      = freenx
action      = hostsdeny
               sendmail-whois[name=FreeNX, sender=hostemail at email.com,
dest=myemail at email.com]
logpath     = /var/log/messages

Then I created a file /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/freenx.conf
[INCLUDES]
before = common.conf
[Definition]
_daemon = nxserver
failregex = ^.*\(nx\) Failed login for user=(.*) from IP=<HOST>\s*
ignoreregex =