[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Problem running KDE applications in rootless sessions on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Fri Mar 4 12:06:47 UTC 2011

Stefan Baur <newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de> wrote on 03/03/2011 17:28:47:

> Hi Chris,
>
> you wrote:
>
>  >Try, from a remote machine:-
>  >(I'm reading the account from a previous post)
>
>  >         ssh -X surfer1 at surfbox  "konqueror ~ "
>
>  >which eliminates NX issues completely.
>
> ...and works flawlessly, albeit slower than NX. Konqueror starts up just

> fine and shows the home directory.

Well . .

That's the end of the "15min" tests.

As you say the issue seems to follow nxagent
tho
I suppose it may be related to the kde version . . .

Are you using the latest NX libraries ??

I don't use ubuntu nor do I have an ubuntu machine
handy, so I'm a bit stumped for further testing.

It looks like you are the only person using rootless kde
stuff on 10.04, else no-one else has your issue !!

I'll see if I can find somewhere to run 10.04 and see how
I go, but I only allocate spare time to this list, so it will be
next week at the earliest, and I may not fix anything.