[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Logging off presents a reboot and system down in the logoff dialog

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Jun 16 08:49:29 UTC 2011

Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf at gmail.com> wrote on 15/06/2011 16:40:44:

> When logging off using a freenx session on a remote computer, the user
gets a
> dialog in which it is possible to do a reboot or even a shutdown of the
> system. In systemsettings (personal settings) Login Screen tab Shutdown
it
> shows that Remote is set to Root only. In previous versions I got only
the
> possibility to Logoff.

The FreeNX connection is from localhost.

i.e
1/ ssh from remote to server for "tunnel"with
        user nx and shell /usr/bin/nxserver
        start nxagent on appropriate :display

then

2/ ssh real-user at localhost for the X session . .
        export DISPLAY= set to same as above, then
        startkde

Set all your users to be unable to re-boot.

Admins can then shutdown/reboot via Konsole with

         sudo shutdown -r 0

Much safer anyway !!