[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Trouble with rdp tunneling

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Sun Jul 31 13:52:57 UTC 2011

Nick Baird <nick1 at permali.co.uk> wrote on 31/07/2011 08:02:19:

> Hi
>
> I just got the latest updates from the freenx stable ppa on ubuntu
10.04, and
> I have the same problem as Joseph Simonds when using freenx as an rdp
proxy
> (it works fine when used to access a desktop on the linux server).
[SNIP]

> Can anyone suggest what's wrong here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

As I posted previously, nxloadconfig should stop nxdesktop
being executed by checking if it exists and setting:-

        ENABLE_EXTERNAL_NXDESKTOP="1"

when it finds that it doesn't, which causes nxserver
to set:-

        type="windows-helper"

So . . .

Look in your nxserver script and see what's happend to
The section (which previously looked like) :-

        if [ "$ACTION" = "start" ]
        then

                # Hack for external RDP/RFB agents

                if [ "$ENABLE_EXTERNAL_NXDESKTOP" = "1" -a "$(getparam
type)" = "windows" ]
                then
                        type="windows-helper"
                        application="$PATH_BIN/nxdesktop_helper"

PARAMS="$PARAMS&type=$type&application=$application&freenx_export_agents=1"
                        CMDLINE=$PARAMS
                fi

You may as well also check nxloadconfig to see what's
happened to the section (which used to look like) :-

{ ! mywhich "$PATH_BIN/nxdesktop"; } >/dev/null 2>&1 &&
ENABLE_EXTERNAL_NXDESKTOP="1"

and also in nxloadconfig, check to see if:-

        NXCONFIG_RETEST=1

is still there, else the above check will be missed out !!!
(sounds like the most likely cause to me)

cb