[FreeNX-kNX] Re: rdp session does not work

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Sep 28 12:43:30 UTC 2010

"olafs6 at gmx.de" <olafs6 at gmx.de> wrote on 27/09/2010 15:26:35:

> I think (thought?) it is possible to connect with the nomachine-client
> ("Desktop" = Windows/rdp -> Settings -> IP of the Windows-Machine)
"through"
> the FreeNX-Server/Machine to a Windows XP-pro computer.
> (Computer with nomachine client -> FreeNX-Server -> Windows XP computer)

Yup rdp. It says "terminal server" in the client.

> I remember this or a similar  problem. I found a solution somewhere
(here?) a
> few month before.

Did you patch !!

As I recall, you use suse. The suse FreeNX rpms are way out of date,
so I doubt that yours have been patched.

> Could this be the same error?

Well if other sessions are already working then any libraries needed
should be loaded.

It may be that it just takes longer to set up the agent when you
run rdp passthrough.

I just tried a pass-through rdp on a SuSE machine and it
SYNed the IP address after setting up an NX session, so I
would try that delay bodge first IIWY and see if it stops.