[FreeNX-kNX] Re: rdp session does not work

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Mon Sep 27 10:08:39 UTC 2010

olaf <olafs6 at gmx.de> wrote on 26/09/2010 23:53:06:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to connect from nomachine-Client (on Ubuntu and OpenSuse)
> over my FreeNX-Server (OpenSuse 11.2) to a Windows XP Prof. Machine, but
> this does not work.

To windows ??

> Connecting directly with rdesktop to the WinXP Machine works.
> Connecting from nomachine-client over FreeNX to XP gives the error
> message above.
>
> Maybe someone can help, please.
>
> Bye
> Olaf

[SNIP]

> NX> 704 Session cache: windows
> NX> 707 SSL tunneling: 1
> NX> 105 /usr/bin/nxserver: line 1371:  6532 Terminated
> sleep $AGENT_STARTUP_TIMEOUT
> NX> 596 Session startup failed.
> NX> 280 Exiting on signal: 15

Did you just restart the NX server, or not connect for a week or so ??

This timeout is usually when NX is trying to load its libraries for
the first time and you can expect 4 - 8 episodes before it starts
working normally.

If this is thcase then the quick (and nasty) fix is a sleep
command, see my earlier posts