[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Segfault on connecting to :0

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Sun Oct 3 16:01:02 UTC 2010

Olivier Sannier <obones at free.fr> wrote on 02/10/2010 21:08:42:

>   On 27/09/2010 19:51, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Olivier Sannier<obones at free.fr>
wrote:

> >> Well, there is, it's the default :0 session that runs and that I want
> >> connect to.
> >> I don't want to create a new session, I want to see the same session
as the
> >> one that can be seen on the monitor of the server itself.
> > Then what you need will be session shadowing. For example:
> >
> > http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:
> FreeNX_-_HowtoShadow
> >
> > Akemi
>
> Thanks for this, but it does not help at all, I still get the two
> sessions listed in the dialog and whichever I chose, I get a segfault in

> nxagent

If you did not start the sessions you see in the dialogue, they are not
real sessions, so you can't re-connect to them.

They certainly are not the console, to which you cannot connect
directly using NX.

Are you using the latest client ??
I seem to recall seeing some non existant stuff myself at one point.

You can however run X11vnc on the server console and connect to it via NX,
if you select vnc in the client under

        <Configure><General Tab><Desktop>

and fill in the details . . . .