[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Strange problem with text colors

Robert Weis weis at kip.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 5 18:34:17 UTC 2010

Hello,

- - maybe - I have a solution/workaround for this problem.

I just added the option ' -norender ' to the variable
AGENT_EXTRA_OPTIONS_X  in the file /usr/NX/etc/node.conf

In my case it contains now:
AGENT_EXTRA_OPTIONS_X=" +kb +bs -noshmem -norender -xkbdir
/usr/share/X11/xkb "

The configuration file may be located in another place for your
centos-systems.
And - of course - I don't know if it really solves the problem.
At least it does not occur even when I run my silly command
 find / -type d -exec ls -al "{}" ";"
for a longer time.

BTW: It looks like the freenx-server is ignoring the
nx-client-settings like
 - Disable the render extension
 - Disable the backing-store
 and so on.
No matter what I set there, the used options for the nxagent does not
change (checked by ps). I would expect, that the options '-/+bs'
'-noshmem/-shmem' '-render/-norender' will be appended when the client
requests it. And so I inserted these options statically in the config file.
Maybe I simply don't understand this feature.

best regards

Robert