[FreeNX-kNX] Screen resolution, remote and local

1.41421 at gmail.com 1.41421 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 16:25:36 UTC 2010

Consider the following scenario:

1) A Linux box A running an NX server and Gnome desktop at a 1900x1200
screen resolution.

2) A Linux box B running an NX server and Gnome desktop at an 800x600
screen resolution.

I can open a shadowing session from B to the Gnome desktop on A all right.
However, the NX client in B insists in cramming the whole of the Gnome
desktop in A within a window much smaller (resolution-wise) than the
desktop in A. The result is that such desktop is drastically reduced in
size, and details in it are practically unreadable - eg I have a number of
xterm open in A, and I just can't make out the text in them when I attach
to the desktop in A from B as described.

What I would like is for the shadowing session in B to take up as much
screen space in B as possible, while preserving the view on the desktop in
A and use scroll bars in the NX client in B to cover different areas of the
A desktop at will. This is pretty much what software like RealVNC and
TightVNC do. Can the NX server or client or both be configured in such a
way that this behavior is achieved?