[FreeNX-kNX] Local Printing

Marc Serra Fontfreda info at elseudomini.net
Thu Mar 4 07:32:00 UTC 2010

Hi to All!

I’m new to this list, and my english it’s not really good, but I try to
explain my problem... ;)

I’ve an Ubuntu 9.10 machine with freenx-server 0.7 (0.7.3
+teambzr104-0freenxteam1) and cups 1.4 (1.4.1-5ubuntu2.2).

I can connect to my Ubuntu box from a Windows XP machine with NX Client
3.2.0-13 perfectly. I can map a windows shared drive to my ubuntu box
without problem too. But there are a thing that does not work...
printing.

My XP Machine have a printer connected via USB and shared as “640”. I
added the printer under “Services -> Devices” in NX Client, but when I
connect to my remote machine i get this message: “Choose vendor for
printer 640.”

And I can’t print nothing.

I was installed the printer driver in my ubuntu box, but still not
working.

What I’m doing bad?

Thank’s in advance!

PD: Attached you have the logfile.