[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX "Terminated sleep $AGENT_STARTUP_TIMEOUT"

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Jun 24 08:56:05 UTC 2010

Stefan Bauer <stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de> wrote on 24/06/2010 07:39:58:

> Am 23.06.2010 16:05, SMITH, SCOTT M schrieb:
> > I have been having a problem with freenx for about a week now and
> no were online  have I been able to find a solution to the issue.
> This is the error message I received.

[SNIP]
> basic functionality. Session log follows:
> > NX> 1009 Session status: starting
> > /usr/bin/nxserver: line 1531: 16215 Terminated              sleep

This is often caused by the asynchronous loading of the NX libraries

Try looking at my post of 7th april

                "A fix for the problem of multiple attempts"

and see if the "sleep 4" fixes it for you.

It would be more use for searchers, if your Subject was a little
more specific than just "freenx problems"

eg.

 FreeNX "Terminated sleep $AGENT_STARTUP_TIMEOUT"

There. I've changed it for you.

Let us know how you go on.
That would be useful for the next person with this sort of
problem (assuming we fix it)

> $AGENT_STARTUP_TIMEOUT
> > Can't open

/var/lib/nxserver/db/running/sessionId{8E3071F2B7CC45CDFC914A58EC668DDE}:
> No such file or directory.

No, it's just been moved or deleted