[FreeNX-kNX] Reboot server

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Jun 3 09:17:11 UTC 2010

olaf <olaf-linux at gmx.de> wrote on 18/05/2010 16:42:17:

> Hi!
>
> I do not understand how I can reboot the server, when users are logged
in /
> there are running nx-sessions.
> Please tell me, how I have to do this.

It shouldn't make any difference, but in practice it does and it's better
if people
log out first, in case their sessions don't get saved properly, though my
main
concern would be open user-data files rather than window manager settings

If I was you I'd send them all a message and then end their sessions
before
shutting down.

Quite a bit of stuff may well have been swapped out.

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ