[FreeNX-kNX] windows/osx shares fail to mount

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de
Tue Jul 27 14:08:47 UTC 2010

Am 27.07.2010 15:53, chris at ccburton.com schrieb:
> There's some advantage in using sudo, but only if you have a smaller
> subset of users who need to map shares.
>
> sudo still runs the broken mount.cifs as root which still doesn't
>         check the users rights to a mount point properly or
>         ask for the password before checking or
>         check just before mounting the share as root
> so all the user-accounts in your visudo group who can run mount.cifs
> as root can map their shares over any directory.

This can be configured. If you grant a group of users the right to
run mount.cifs as root by sudo, it's your fault if they mount
private dirs over other directories afterwards.

If you bypass the permissions to run mount.cifs by sudo on purpose -
there is no need to let mount.cifs check again the permissions.

> I suppose a fix will be along sometime, in the meantime don't expect
> to be too much safer.

A fix for what? This is not a bug.

Stefan

--
PGP: E80A 50D5 2D46 341C A887 F05D 5C81 5858 DCEF 8C34