[FreeNX-kNX] Printing and sharing issue

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Wed Nov 25 16:15:50 UTC 2009

Vivek <vivek at visolve.com> wrote on 24/11/2009 14:40:19:

> E [24/Nov/2009:19:07:27 +0530] [Job 1] Connection failed:
> NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

Might be a number of things

Turn on trace in at the top of /usr/lib/cups/backend/nxsmb

by removing the # from

        #set -x -v

Find the printer's full URI by looking for

        DeviceURI nxsmb:

in /home/user/.nx/C-machine-port-session/cups/printers.conf

As THE CONNECTED NX user, at a command prompt on the NX server enter

export DEVICE_URI=nxsmb://user-name:password@127.0.0.1:port/cifs/HP

                or whatever you found in printers.conf

Make a small test text file, then in the SAME SESSION, run : -

        /usr/lib/cups/backend/nxsmb 1 1 1 1 your-text-test-file.txt

> but we are able to ping the windows client from Ubuntu server using
hostname.

Not down the tunnel tho'

> Server - Ubuntu 9.04
> Client - Windows XP - SP2 (nomachine's client) (AVG anti-virus is
running)

sp2 ????

If this doesn't work, next we may need to check you aren't connecting
via the LAN instead of the ssh tunnel.

What firewall restrictions are there on the Windows Workstation
regarding the MS File/Print Server process with cifs ?

Can localhost connect ?????

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ