[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and PulseAudio on Ubuntu

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:45:46 UTC 2009

Traditionally the node.conf file was setup to use ESD sound in linux.

However, in Ubuntu the default is now PulseAudio.   Although PulseAudio
is supposed to be a drop in replacement for ESD I'm wondering what
differences in
configuration of FREENX may need to be done.

For instance in NODE.CONF

# FreeNX with ENABLE_ESD_PRELOAD="1" will automatically try to setup

# the sound with the help of the esd media helper.

# Currently ESD will be used just by the Windows NX Client.

# Be sure that $ESD_BIN_PRELOAD is in your path, does exist and work

# before enabling this directive.

ENABLE_ESD_PRELOAD="1"

ESD_BIN_PRELOAD="*esddsp*"

Should I be substituing "esddsp" with "padsp" for PulseAudio?

     ESD_BIN_PRELOAD="*padsp*"

I've also tried to follow some of the writeups for the "perfect pulseaudio"
setup to go along with
this but I am curious how others do it.

Brian