[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX with SSH key authentication fails

Paul van Gerven baloedebruinebeer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 18:31:32 UTC 2009

I completely agree that exposing SSH to the internet with password
authentication, even if it is not at port 22, is a bad idea. Avoiding that
is exactly what I set out to do by posting here. I feel it is a rather
unfortunate choice to use SSH auth in the default configuration, at least it
is in Ubuntu land (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeNX). I might add
some notes to it :)

Thanks Chris, I did not opt for your solution (which is rather elegant
actually) but it did put me on the right track. I opted for the PASSDB
authentication method and disabled SSH. With custom keys and pw auth
disabled, that's more than enough. I think SU authentication may be a bit
better though.