[FreeNX-kNX] Wrong password or login

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 8 11:06:53 UTC 2009

 Hi,

 I'm trying to connect to a CentOS 5 box running
  freenx-0.7.3-1.el5.centos
  nx-3.2.0-8.el5.centos
 with no luck. I have enabled NX_LOG_LEVEL=7, and in /var/log/nxserver, I get:

| -- NX SERVER START: -c /usr/bin/nxserver - ORIG_COMMAND=
| -- NX SERVER START:  - ORIG_COMMAND=
| Info: Using fds #4 and #3 for communication with nxnode.
| HELLO NXSERVER - Version 3.2.0-73 OS (GPL, using backend: not detected)
| NX> 105 hello NXCLIENT - Version 3.2.0
| NX> 134 Accepted protocol: 3.2.0
| NX> 105 SET SHELL_MODE SHELL
| NX> 105 SET AUTH_MODE PASSWORD
| NX> 105 login
| NX> 101 User: USER
| NX> 102 Password:
| Info: Auth method: ssh USER at 127.0.0.1's password:
| Info: Closing connection to slave with pid 30060.
|
| NX> 404 ERROR: wrong password or login
| NX> 999 Bye

 The password *is* correct - other users have the same problem. Also, I can
 ssh to the server, no problem. Removing the nx user's known_hosts did not
 help. The CentOS 5 freenx servers I set up in my own LAN all work fine
 (the problem machine is at one of our remote sites).

 Any ideas?