[FreeNX-kNX] Problem with Python / DBUS on latest FreeNX, Ubuntu x32 Hardy 8.04

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Wed May 6 09:40:44 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009, Thilo Uttendorfer wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> On Tuesday 05 May 2009, Matt Weatherford wrote:
> > We're seeing some kind of Python issue,  the log is included below
> > I think there was an ubu python update recently....
> >
> > Anyone know what this problem is ?
>
> I had a similar problem with python, although I don't remember it exactly.
> But maybe it's the same: In my case the package "python-dbus" was missing.
> Also make sure that dbus itself is running.

It's worth checking how the dbus session bus is started. At one point in
fedora the command for starting the KDE session (COMMAND_START_KDE in
node.conf IIRC) had to have the dbus session bus startup prepended to get it
to work like a local login. It ended up looking something like:
	dbus-launch --exit-with-session startkde