[FreeNX-kNX] Local printer support not working

H McCurdy hmccurdy at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 11:29:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

I haven't switched to FreeNX (from PaidNX) yet.  Very soon, I expect.  My answer is based on my experience with PaidNX.  While I expect there's a less than 50% chance this will help, I see odds as > 0.

What I did was not use the printer interface at all.  I mounted a directory on the client computer and sent report outputs to the folder.  Then I wrote a "quick and dirty" spooler that simply watches for files in that folder and prints them.

I don't remember, now, why I used this approach.  Probably because the canned printer stuff wasn't working for me.

Hugh