[FreeNX-kNX] BadAccess in X_FreeColors

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Thu Mar 19 01:22:53 UTC 2009

I have some clients that, when running under nxagent, occasionally
exhibit the following X error:

X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  88 (X_FreeColors)
  Serial number of failed request:  269742

It happens rarely, and when it does happen it is often upon shutting
down the application, so it is not a major problem in
practice. Nevertheless, it would be nice to understand the problem.

It could be a bug in the applications, but as I have never seen it
except under nxagent, I suspect it is a problem related to NX.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>