[FreeNX-kNX] sudo problems from NX session

jim.sifferle at tektronix.com jim.sifferle at tektronix.com
Wed Mar 18 19:33:26 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I'm having some problems with sudo on NX sessions.  If I'm logged in as a regular user, whenever I run an application like Wireshark through sudo, I get the following error:

Xlib: No protocol specified

(wireshark:10825): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Is sudo resetting an environment variable needed to access the xauth information?  Any idea how I could fix this besides running 'xhost +' before 'sudo wireshark'?

I'm running CentOS 5.2 if it makes any difference.

Thanks,

Jim Sifferle
Danaher T&M / Tektronix Network Services
Work: 503-627-5364
Mobile: 503-860-5558
Jim.sifferle at tektronix.com