[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX CF bootable distro?

Henning Heinold h.heinold at tarent.de
Wed Mar 18 09:21:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 06:03:21PM -0700, Tracy Reed wrote:
> I have an LTSP Term 1520. I would like to be able to boot it from
> compact flash straight into X running FreeNX to connect to a remote
> server over the net. This seems like an obvious thing to do so I'm
> wondering if anyone is aware of any distro or image which is easily
> installed onto a compact flash which has this functionality? I have
> googled and not found much. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Tracy Reed
> http://tracyreed.org

Hi Tracy,

some time ago I integrated the nx-stuff(nx-libs,nxssh,qtnx) into openembedded (http://www.openembedded.org).

So you can build with oe and the angstroem distribution an image which
contains the stuff you want.

There are some pitfalls:

* qtnx doesnt yet support shadow stuff
* understanding and using oe isnt so easy in the beginnig
* duration of compiletime

Bye Henning