[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and softphone

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Tue Mar 17 18:37:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 14:37:17 -0800 (PST)
bliblop44 <bliblop44 at yopmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Is it possible to use a softphone in a remote NX session ?
> In other words, I would like to be able to phone with a softphone through a
> remote NX connexion. The softphone will be installed on the NX server, and I
> use it from the NX client, where speakers and a microphone are connected.
> NB : the connection between the client and the server would be an Internet
> DSL connection (512kb/s).

Yes, that should be possible, but I can't tell how great it will work since I
haven't tried it myself. I know there are some initial work done in the SVN on
this issue, and NoMachine does have optimization for this (and video) on their
roadmap.

If you find this to be a usable setup for you, it would be nice if you could
do a short writeup on the wiki/FAQ (look at the bottom of this mail for the
URL). :-)

Regards,
Terje