[FreeNX-kNX] keyboard not working in NX (but in X session over vnc, etc)

Matt Nicholson sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com
Tue Mar 3 00:41:09 UTC 2009

So, keyboard has stopped working for clients connecting via NX. Now,
tunnelling X over ssh, keyboard works. (xterm, etc).  NX with default
session (gnome) does not (NO keyboard input). I jsut tried a custom session
of just an xterm (over NX), and still had no input. I even ran vncserver,
tunneled over ssh, and was able to input jsut fine there, so it doesn't seem
to be X, and is really poiting to NX.

System is RHEL 5, most recent freenx w/ compiled !M sources, has been
wokring just fine for a good month or so now. Trying to track down what
changed on the system. Anyon hit this before or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Matthew Nicholson
nicholson at eps.harvard.edu
Harvard University