[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX connect to console

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:29:41 UTC 2009

David wrote:
> I'm using the OpenSuse packages from here
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/beyerle:/NX/openSUSE_11.1
>

> How would i know if im able to use this feature, How does it work?

There are an assortment of shadow-related settings in node.conf on the
server side.  With those enabled, hit the config button in the NX client
and set the Desktop to 'shadow' and the user/password the same as the
user on the console.  You should see a list of sessions that you can
shadow that include X0 (Local) - and any freenx sessions that user has.

The patch mentioned here is needed - you can look at your installed
nxserver script to see if it is already included.
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2009-March/007953.html

I'm using the package from the Centos extras repository and even with
this change so far I have only been able to connect from a Mac NX client
and even it doesn't size the window appropriately so more patches may be
needed to make it work properly.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com