[FreeNX-kNX] fyi why I am using nxagent and not nxproxy

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 06:20:16 UTC 2009

2009/6/22, Misha Koshelev <mk144210 at bcm.edu>:
> nxproxy by itself does not seem to get better compressing than tight VNC.

http://www.nomachine.com/documents/building-components.php

As we have seen, good compression would be useless without a
comparable effort dedicated to reducing the X round-trips. Single
applications run through an nxproxy tunnel cannot currently leverage
round-trip suppression offered by nxagent. A rootless nxagent (that is
a nxagent that is able to mix its own windows with windows opened by
local clients on the real X server) will be made available in the
future.

--
Roberto A. Foglietta,
Linux Embedded Consultant