[FreeNX-kNX] Matlab in cluster through NX

Florian Schmidt fschmidt at gmx.at
Wed Jun 10 07:21:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

we use Platform LSF to dispatch Jobs in our Cluster
NX-Client 3.2.X - 3.3.X (Windows, Ubuntu, ThinClient, ...)
FreeNX 0.7.4-svn613 with latest patches from mailing list
nx-3.3.0-16
RHEL 4 64bit

we use different Matlab Versions on RH 7.2 / RHEL 3 and RHEL 4 (for everyone
who doesn't know: RHEL RedHatEnterprise)

the prompt in Matlab takes between 10 and 30 Seconds depending on what
hardware the job got and depending on the matlab version so I guess your
startup time is pretty ok for clustered usage.

Cheers,
Florian