[FreeNX-kNX] Matlab in cluster through NX

Holger Krull holger.krull at gmx.de
Tue Jun 9 21:55:12 UTC 2009

Prakash Velayutham schrieb:

> Does anyone here use (or administer) Matlab in a Linux-based cluster?

> How does the graphical performance compare between Matlab GUI in a NX
> session to that of Matlab running in the local desktop?

I've setup matlab in a cluster, but not with the automatic job scheduling of matlab (university didn't buy it). We devided and scheduled the tasks ourself.
I could see no difference between local and NX session, but my aplication only produced graphical output at the end of all calculations, so there were no frequent updates necessary.
I used NX to start matlab localy and be able to transfer the session to a remote computer (at home) without problems.

In short, it depends on what you do.