[FreeNX-kNX] Ubuntu Log in screen

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 12:59:20 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I've been hearing great things about FreeNX, but before I install it on
my Ubuntu box, could someone answer this question for me?

Can I set up FreeNX so that I can connect (from UltraVNC on a Windows
box) to Ubuntu's log in screen or can I only connect after a user has
signed in? I'm happy enough with Ubuntu's default remote desktop setup,
but I want to be able to log in if the machine reboots and goes back to
the log in screen.

Or maybe I should just set up auto-log in?

Thanks
Damian