[FreeNX-kNX] problems w/ freenx 0.7.3 w/ latest nomachine sources on RHEL5...

Matthew Richardson M.Richardson at ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 17:05:11 UTC 2009

>  /n/home/nichols2/.nx/F-C-iliadaccess04-1000-D47AAAE4C3CCDAE4A31626FAF6F6870F/session
> Error: Aborting session with 'Cannot establish any listening sockets -
> Make sure an X server isn't already running'.

I had this same problem on RHEL5 boxes which were running gdm for local
logins.

Either stop gdm from running, or if you want to allow local logins, set:

DISPLAY_BASE="1001"

(or a higher number)

In /etc/nxserver/node.conf on the nx server.

Hope this helps,

Matthew

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.