[FreeNX-kNX] local keyboard, remote display?

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Fri Jan 30 01:54:05 UTC 2009

Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> writes:

> OT, I suppose, but any ideas?
>
> I'm sitting here at my laptop.  I have a large display across the room,
> connected to another laptop.
>
> I want to remotely control the remote display from my local keyboard.  I've
> got X running on the remote laptop displaying fine on the remote display.
> But, X input is coming from the remote keyboard.  How can I get it to come
> from my local keyboard?

There is a vnc-based tool for doing exactly this, though I forgot what
it is called. You should be able to find it if you search the web.

Alternatively, depending on exactly what you want to do, you could
achieve this using normal VNC, x11vnc, or the nx session shadowing
features.

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>