[FreeNX-kNX] Shadow does not work inside nxagent, and keyboard does not work

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Sun Jan 25 11:56:59 UTC 2009

Terje Andersen <terander at guard.zapto.org> writes:

> On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 23:01:07 +1300
> Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I have two problems with session shadowing using freenx and nx 3.3.0.
>>
>> 1. Shadowing works when I run nxclient on the Xorg server on my laptop,
>> but when I run it on an nxagent display, a window opens to show the
>> shadowed session, but it contains only black pixels. Clicking the mouse
>> inside the window controls the session as expected. Only you can't see
>> anything.
>>
>> 2. Even when I run nxclient on my laptop, so that the display and the
>> mouse work fine, the keyboard does not work. More specifically, the caps
>> lock key works, but all other keys have no effect.
>>
>> In all cases the original session being shadows continues to work
>> correctly.
>>
>> Are these known problems? Any suggestions?
>>

> Have you enabled interactive mode on shadowing in node.conf? the only
> suggestion I have... o_0

Yes, it is enabled, and the mouse works. I realised, however, that my
original description is not entirely correct. The keyboard does work--it
is just mapped completely wrong. Most keys have no mapping at all, but a
few keys do work. For instance, like I said, caps lock works. And I also
noticed that backspace works as the enter key!

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>