[FreeNX-kNX] Changing password

Chris Roberts cjr at tridentgarages.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 13:25:12 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 25 Feb 2009, Alfred Rapozo wrote:
> How do you guys manage changing passwords for the users?
> If a users password expires it just exits with an error when it
> connects, it doesn't give them the option to change it.
> What are my options?

We don't use NX exclusively, so it has not caused us a problem yet!

In KDE I would be tempted to write a simple bash or perl script that
interrogates the password status ("passwd -S"), then uses kdialog to warn the
user that their password will expire in X days, "change password now? [Yes]
[No]".  If the user pressed Yes it would run:

  kcmshell kcm_useraccount

Chris Roberts.