[FreeNX-kNX] Starting applications when session is suspended

Hasse Hagen Johansen hhj-freenx at musikcheck.dk
Tue Feb 24 08:23:12 UTC 2009

Hi

Am sorry if this is not quite on topic

Right now I use the free server from nomachine(have experimented with
freenx for personal fun sometime ago)

I have a problem and would like to know if anyone know a solution(could
be the problem is non existing in freenx. I don't know)

What I would like to do is having a NX session running which are
suspended(so I later can connect to it). Then I would like to start a
program via normal ssh to use that suspended session as DISPLAY.

The problem is. It works fine when I am connected to the session and
start the program. I can then disconnect and the programs still runs in
the disconnected session(but more slowly - which is also a little
problematic), and I can connect to it again.

If I then start a session and disconnect it, and start the program. The
program doesn't start to run before I connect to the session. This is
the big problem for what I need right now.

Ex. you can try disconnecting the session and then from a normal ssh try
starting firefox with a url to a youtube video. Wait a little and then
connect...the youtube video hasn't run before you connect to your
session.

Anyone know if this behaviour can be changed? Or it work the same way
with freeNX? Maybe that is just how NX works?

Regards
Hasse H. Johansen