[FreeNX-kNX] Stuck in Suspending state, nxagent hung in Proxy::handleLoadAllStores

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Tue Feb 10 22:06:18 UTC 2009

I have just had two users encounter a problem I have not seen
before. The user suspended his nxagent session, then tried to resume it,
but his session was not listed as available for resuming.

It turns out this is because the session was in "Suspending" state, and
had been that way for about half an hour.

When I checked the user's nxagent, after several attempts at resuming
the session, it was in an endless loop of calling select() every 10
seconds or so, from inside Proxy::handleLoadAllStores() (part of
libXcomp). Unfortunately I could not tell exactly where in that function
it was.

I had to terminate the user's session and let them get a new one.

It is strange this happened for two different users in the same morning,
having never happened before.

Any ideas?

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>