[FreeNX-kNX] freenx and X fonts

Anton warm at stack.ru
Thu Feb 5 15:41:45 UTC 2009

xlsfonts | grep terminus on freenx session gives nothing, but in the real X-session this command gives a tot
of fonts called terminus. I think that nxclient does not look all fontsdir , it looks only some several
pathes but where fontpath is configured for the nxclient I don't know.

Some time I will try to use xfont-server on a client machine ...

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:06:57 +0600
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz> wrote:

> Anton <warm at stack.ru> writes:
>
> > Good Day.
> >
> > It seems that nxclient connected to freenx server does not see all fonts available at client machine
> > and(or) server machine.
> >
> > Usually I start xterm like
> >
> > uxterm -bg black -fg grey +sb -fn -xos4-terminus-bold-r-normal--24-240-72-72-c-120-iso10646-1 -geometry
> > 120x45 -e bash -login
> >
> > but in freenx session this command starts xterm with another font. This font exists on both machines.
> >
> > How to make freenx or nxclient use this font ?
>
> I have no idea why this would be. Have you tried using xlsfonts to see
> if there is any pattern to what fonts are missing?
>
> --
> Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>

Anton [WARM-RIPE]
Stack ltd division head