[FreeNX-kNX] Can't connect to Server

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Sun Feb 1 23:30:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 14:15:14 -0500
Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

<snip>

> I cannot find session directory and I can't even find a node.conf on the
> server, surely there has to be one.
> This is just to many problems on trying to get freeNX working, I have
> tried for about 3 years , on and off to get freenx to work on a Fedora
> box and I can't.

<snip>

Jim, maybe you should take a look at 'The Quickstarters Guide to FreeNX' which I wrote to help newcomers to FreeNX a while ago.
It's based on FreeNX v0.7.2, but should work just fine for v0.7.3 too. I think the explainations there will give you a much better understanding of how the NX Libraries & the FreeNX Server play together, and what the admin & users are supposed to do/be able to do.

You can find it here:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/attachments/20080519/ce753403/attachment-0001.pdf

As always, please take a look at the FAQ pages - they have been through much redesign/quality changes lately (and if you want, you can add your own information there to other fellow FC10 users :-) ):

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ

Regards,

Terje :-)