[FreeNX-kNX] Can't connect to Server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 20:25:53 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:

> I cannot find session directory and I can't even find a node.conf on the
> server, surely there has to be one.
> This is just to many problems on trying to get freeNX working, I have
> tried for about 3 years , on and off to get freenx to work on a Fedora
> box and I can't.
> I think I will just go back to Nomachine NX , I never have had any
> problems with it right out of the box.
> One final question and thanks to all for your help.
>
> WHERE does Nomachine NX keep the users listed on the Server, so as to
> prevent it from exceeding two users on a Server.
> As a individual I just can't afford to pay those fees Nomachine wants to
> exceed the two user limit on the Server, What I use  NX for is friends I
> have setup Linux on their home box, if they should have problems I can
> get on their box and fix it across the internet. And some of those boxes
> exceed that Two user limit for a Family.

I haven't used the free NX server but I thought the restriction was 2
concurrent NX sessions.  What makes you think that there is a limit of
users on the machine that don't have NX sessions?  Also, I thought I saw
something in freenx 7.3 about being able to proxy NX sessions so you
could run both at once if you wanted.

Can't you do most remote rescue work over an ssh commmand-line connection?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com