[FreeNX-kNX] Can't connect to Server

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 1 19:46:06 UTC 2009

Terje Andersen wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:02:38 -0500
> jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> jim wrote:
>> FC10/KDE
>>
>>> nx-3.2.0-31
>>> freenx-0.7.3-11
>>> nxclient-3.3.0-6 (Nomachine)
>>>
>> Well the other problem was , I had to put Selinux in the permissive
>> state, and I got a little further but I still got another problem,
>> listed below.
>>

>>> tryed to cconnect to server but it fails.
>>>

> I know you haven't sent the session log yet, but since there was an discussion reg. FC10 here about a week ago, it might be the same issue. Please take a look at this mail regarding connection issues in FC10:
>
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2009-January/007773.html
>
> If this doesn't work, we need the session logs.
>
> Regards,
>
> Terje

FINALLY !!

There was no /etc/nxserver/node.conf but there was a node.conf.sample I
renamed it to node.conf and edited it to get a session log and the final
problem was the Display settings, I adjusted that and I can now connect
to a Server from a
EeePC 1000 client.

Thanks Guys for your EFFORT.

I can't believe I got  FreeNX box working after 3 years.
They have got to fix this Selinux problem in freeNX.