[FreeNX-kNX] FREEnx - connects from home, not remotely

eatstatic pbolin_tx at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 18:22:08 UTC 2009

I have managed to setup freenx on my RHEL5 box and verified that I am able to
connect to the nxserver using No Machine's client from another box on my
local lan.
When I attempt to connect from a remote box, I receive a connection error
and the details show:

----
NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 5088
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: <IP address> on port: 443
----
.. and thats it...  Now, I can connect to the SSH client using putty on the
same box on port 443 with no problems, and I have verified the port in my
node.conf matches my ssh port.  Is there any other communication/ports being
used that could cause a problem?  My understanding was that the client logs
in to the nx user, authenticates the actual user, and then sends commands to
the nxserver routine through that connection, or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.