[FreeNX-kNX] freenx and KDE4

alei69 alei69 at free.fr
Mon Dec 14 10:53:59 UTC 2009

Hi,
This is my first post on that email-list.
Please, let me know if it's the wrong place for my problem.

I'm using a client "nomachine" 3.4.0.5 on a eeepc Xandros to connect to a PC
with mandriva 2010 64bits using freenx (same pb with a 32bits version).

I can connect to my mandriva if I select the "gnome" desktop in my client
("nomachine").

But, if I select the KDE desktop (which is my preferred one), I can only see
the KDE splash screen during the  login process and, during "half a sec", my
background image of my desktop.
After that, the nomachine session crashes with a message: "the connection with
the remote server was shut down. Please check the state of your network
connection".
In my home directory, the system generates "Core.xxxx" file.

Of course, I think my network is fine because it's work perfectly with Gnome.
I can also connect using ssh.

Do you have any idea where to dig in order to find a solution?
I even don't know if it's a nomachine problem or KDE or Freenx one.
I tried to debug and "decrypt" some log files without success.

Regards,
alei69