[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX-kNX Digest, Vol 56, Issue 12

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Sat Apr 25 13:35:04 UTC 2009

> The program 'xfce4-keyboard-settings' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'XI_BadClass (invalid Class parameter)'.
>  (Details: serial 169 error_code 133 request_code 131 minor_code 6)
>  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.) [andyrtr at workstation64 ~]$
>

> Ad you may know ArchLinux is running a rolling release and has allmost
> every pkg in its most recent upstream version.
>
> Any idea what made it break again? Any fix known? Do you need more
> informations?
>
> -AndyRTR

I see this problem few days ago after I set xorg.conf to support:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "evdev"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "Device"
"/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:03.3-usb-0:4.1:1.0-event-kbd"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
     Option "XkbRules"   "xorg"
     Option "XkbModel"   "pc101"
Option  "XkbLayout" "us,th"
Option  "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
EndSection

In my 9 headed NX_Server linux

AND

change kde setting to support Thai keyboard.

It made RHS keybord to completely none function.

To retrive it back need to disable KDE keyboard control and lost Thai
language support.

So far TWO features cannot exist together in new Xorg.

Regards,
supat