[FreeNX-kNX] keymap broken again

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Apr 24 21:08:51 UTC 2009

After recent Xorg updates and NoMachine updates on ArchLinux the
keyboard layout is broken again: no | symbol, no {} and cursor up/down
and all that we had some months back.

So far I could solve this in my gnome session with opening the
appearance dialog twice and then the gtk theme and fonts got applied
properly and also the evdev keyboard magically worked then. Now this
twice dialog opening makes the NX session crash and close completely.
Running the dialog from command line and a Xfce session where the
keyboard layout also is broken I get this:

[andyrtr at workstation64 ~]$ xfce4-keyboard-settings
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1001.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1001.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1001.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1001.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1001.0".
The program 'xfce4-keyboard-settings' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'XI_BadClass (invalid Class parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 169 error_code 133 request_code 131 minor_code 6)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.) [andyrtr at workstation64 ~]$

Ad you may know ArchLinux is running a rolling release and has allmost
every pkg in its most recent upstream version.

Any idea what made it break again? Any fix known? Do you need more
informations?

-AndyRTR