[FreeNX-kNX] Error when trying to connect to FreeNX 0.7.3 on Fedora9

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Mon Sep 29 17:01:00 UTC 2008

----- Melding fra odin at gnuskole.no ---------
     Dato: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 06:33:38 +0200
      Fra: Odin Nøsen <odin at gnuskole.no>
Svar-til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>
     Emne: Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Error when trying to connect to FreeNX
0.7.3 on  Fedora9
      Til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 00:19:18 +0200, Terje Andersen wrote
>> On sø., 2008-09-28 at 20:41 +0200, Odin Nøsen wrote:
>> > Error: Call to bind failed for TCP port 6010. Error is 98 'Address
>> > already in use'.
>> > Error: Aborting session with 'Unable to open display
>>
>> Looks like the port your session got was (TCP/6010) in use. You should
>> investigate what program uses that port.
>
> In /etc/services that port is reserved to "SSH X11 forwarding
> offset" - but there
> doesn't seem to be any program using that port.
>
>> If this program needs to run on that program, please look in the
>> node.conf and change the base-port to avoid the port/range this program
>> uses.
>
> But where in node.conf do I change this?

Take a look at the pdf in this mail, and look at chapter 7.3. You
should take a look at DISPLAY_BASE to change the ports to avoid
conflicts.

Another thing, you could also try 'nxserver --cleanup' to remove
leftovers from previous sessions (happens sometimes, mostly when your
server has been uncontrolled powered off), but be aware that this will
also kill running/suspended sessions - do this only when there are no
sessions running.

Regards,
Terje