[FreeNX-kNX] qtnx on maemo

George Wright gwright at kde.org
Mon Sep 8 15:32:14 UTC 2008

On Friday 05 September 2008 10:54:49 you wrote:
> The greatest Problem is that x-window which comes from nxagent(which is
> modified xnest-server) on the server side has no hildon-framework
> support. That means the virtual keyboard on the n800 is not workable.
> Luckily the keyboard on the n810 is working. Another effect is if loose
> the focus on this x-window. You can not access it anymore. I hope that
> I will get some help from the maemo people in this field.

I came across this problem, which is why my personal port of qtnx to maemo
ceased development a while ago.

It's preferable to somehow write a wrapper that allows nxproxy to accept key
events without actually modifying the nxproxy source, as we have no guarantee
of being able to have patches accepted upstream.

One hacky way of doing it would be to have a widget that maintains input focus
from the GtkIM stuff, then convert those events to genuine X keyboard events
in much the same way that an X11 on-screen keyboard works.

Regards,

George

--
George Wright, http://www.gwright.org.uk