[FreeNX-kNX] error 509

Daniel Milisic dmilisic at desktopecho.com
Thu Sep 4 14:59:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've created a Virtual Appliance based on FreeNX and the NX 3.2 libraries
that's plug-and-play and should Just Work for you.  If you experience a
similar issue with this appliance it could help narrow down the problem to
something in your network environment or a NX client-side issue.

It's called iMKS; download at:
http://desktopecho.com/iMKS

Flash presentation of iMKS setup/first-run:
http://desktopecho.com/iMKS/iMKS_Build-315.html

What will happen is the appliance will detect a first-run, generate *unique*
SSH/NX keys, and create an NX Client connection file for you to download.
Based on feedback I've received this appears to be the easiest way by far to
get a "known good" FreeNX install going.

Obviously this is not the solution to FreeNX issues in your particular
install but it helps rule out other factors.

Good Luck!
D.