[FreeNX-kNX] Is there a loadbalancing HOWTO?

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Fri Oct 17 07:52:38 UTC 2008

----- Melding fra jhonyl at netscape.net ---------
    Dato: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:36:24 -0400
     Fra: jhonyl <jhonyl at netscape.net>
Svar-til: User Support for FreeNX Server and kNX Client <freenx-knx at kde.org>
    Emne: [FreeNX-kNX] Is there a loadbalancing HOWTO?
     Til: FreeNX-kNX at kde.org

> Hi,
>
>   Is there a load balancing HOWTO document for freenx?
>
> I am interested to know technically how it works, are the servers
> identically configured? or do they share their file system?
>
> I would like to have high availability, in case that my (single) server
> brakes.

Don't know if it's of any help, but the Quickstart doc I wrote
includes some help regarding load balancing. This is the weakest
documented part of the document, and any rewrite/additions to this
part (and any other parts of it) would be nice to add.

You can find the doc in this mail (see chapter 12):
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2008-May/007059.html

Regards,
Terje