[FreeNX-kNX] ***SPAM*** freeNX and Kubuntu 8.04

Marcelo Boveto Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:20:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Henning Heinold <h.heinold at tarent.de>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 03:39:26AM -0800, torcaz99 wrote:
> >
> > Hallo:
> >  (This is the first time i post on this forums, so sorry if i make any
> > mistake).
> >

> >  I'm trying to install freeNX on Kubuntu 8.04.
> >
> >  I´m not sure if repository i've taken is OK or not, but when I open a
> > session, server session X hangs.
> >
> >  I've also installed some packages form nomachine, so now I'm not sure if
> > I've installed it ok.
> >
> >  I would like to know:
> >  - Where can I download packages for Kubuntu 8.04?
> >  - How many sessions  can be opened with the free version (is liminted to
> > 2)?
> >  - Can I publish applications for accesing them with a browser? How can I
> do
> > it?
> >
> >  Thansks
>
> Hi,
>
> for me on a standard ubuntu the freenx packages from
>
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/freenx-team/ubuntu intrepid main
>
> are working really nice.
>

> Bye,
>
> Henning
>
> PS: maybe you should check all log files or enable logging support and
>    hunt the error down
>     Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?
>    Then please write up the solution in the FreeNX Wiki/FAQ:

>         Don't forget to check the NX Knowledge Base:
>                 http://www.nomachine.com/kb/

>  I've also installed some packages form nomachine, so now I'm not sure if
> I've installed it ok.

If you are going to use FreeNX you don´t need nxnode nor nxserver. Actually
both
(freenx and NXSFE) installed together is untested. So you should remove
nxnode
and nxserver and reinstall freenx-server package.
freenx package will do the job.
nxclient is welcome for a prettier logout dialog, but not needed.

>  I would like to know:
>  - Where can I download packages for Kubuntu 8.04?

Like Henning said.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/freenx-team/ubuntu intrepid main

>  - How many sessions  can be opened with the free version (is liminted to
> 2)?

This limit is for NX Server Free Edition from NoMachine.
FreeNX don´t have limit.

>  - Can I publish applications for accesing them with a browser? How can I
do
> it?

You should take look at
http://www.nomachine.com/download-companion.php?os=linux.