[FreeNX-kNX] freeNX frontier and problems with 'users' and 'who' on the desktop hosts.

Chris Fanning christopher.fanning at gmail.com
Wed May 28 07:59:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a freeNX frontier, load balancing,
and two desktop hosts.
The problem I've got is I can't see the users logged onto the desktop
hosts with commands like 'users' and 'who'

I know that if the freeNX server is on the same machine as the
desktop, I can add the nx user to the utmp group.
But this doesn't work on the desktop hosts. The nx user is only
available on the frontier.

So, how should I do this. Do I need to play with sessreg?

Any help would be a big help.

Thanks.
Chris.