[FreeNX-kNX] nxcl and nxlaunch -> attempt to make them work

Wilhelm Tell wilhelmtell80 at gmx.de
Tue May 20 12:17:42 UTC 2008

George Wright schrieb:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2008 10:46:42 Wilhelm Tell wrote:
>
>> I can't use the NoMachine NXclient, so I have to use another implementation
>> and I came across the nxcl part of this project.
>>
>> First I installed the freenx nxserver. This worked right from the start and
>> I can use NX with the NXclient from NoMachine with no problems at all.
>>

> Hey there,
>
> Current nxcl is known not to work with nxlaunch as there are severe API
> disparities between the version of nxcl that nxlaunch was developed with, and
> the current API.

Then here is another proposal for your ToDo-List: Create a place where
the current status of nxcl is mentioned.

> If you're not adverse to using a Qt based client, qtnx works fine and is
> supported with nxcl.

Well, as a matter of fact I am. My intention is to write a really simple
client that requires neither Qt not Gtk, but for now I take whatever I
can get :-)
But qtnx does not work for me either.
Console output:
stdin>  bye
stderr> /usr/bin/nxserver: line 1203:  8258 Terminated
sleep $AGENT_STARTUP_TIMEOUT
NX> 1006 Session status: running
stdout> bye
stderr> Bye
NX> 999 Bye
Starting NX proxy
NX_COMMFD=19Process started

After a few seconds I get a qtdialog saying:
"Could not yet establish the connection to the remote proxy. Do you want
to terminate the current session?"
> Fixing nxlaunch is on my (ever growing) TODO list..

Can I help you with something on the list?

Bill